The Old Burying Ground on Pleasant Street at the junction of William Street is the oldest Cemetery in Stoneham. Its occupancy dates back to the beginning of the Town, though the oldest headstone is dated 1728. Here, marked by quaint, old-fashioned stones, are the graves of those from prominent families in the early history of Stoneham.
This Cemetery is closed for interments and is opened by prior request to the Department of Public Works. No activity of any kind is allowed in the Cemetery without permission of the town.