All construction projects must abide by the following guidelines:
COVID-19 Permitting/Inspection Procedures
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic Stoneham Town Hall is closed to the public until April 17, 2020. During this closure the Inspectional Services staff will be continuing the daily operations with the exception of inspections.
Effective immediately, and in light of the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all inspections by the Inspectional Services Department will be done on a limited basis.
In the event of emergency or other extenuating circumstances during this period, gas, electrical, plumbing and building inspections may be conducted on a case by case basis, and subject to the discretion of the Building Commissioner. What are extenuating circumstances? They include but are not limited to having only one (1) bathroom, no kitchen, no power, no hot water, and no heat.
Description of Services
The Building Division staff enforces the following state codes as well as local zoning by-laws and Architectural Access Board Regulations:
- Conduct Periodic Safety Inspections of:
- Multi-Family Dwellings
- Other Places of Assembly
- Religious Institutions
- Architectural Access Board Regulations
- Local Zoning Bylaws
- Inspect Construction Sites
- Staff Issue Permits
- Building Permit for One and Two Families - Fillable (PDF)
- Building Permit for One and Two Family Dwellings (PDF)
- Commercial Building Permit - Other than One and Two Family Dwellings (PDF)
- Dimensional Regulations (PDF)
- Sheet Metal Application (PDF)
- Workmans Compensation Affidavit (PDF)
- Zoning Map (PDF)