- Boards & Committees
- Board of Health
- Mental Health Resources
Mental Health Resources
The Health Department reminds residents that we must care for our mental health in addition to our physical health. The following resources are available via phone or web.
The Town of Stoneham has contracted with the INTERFACE Referral Program, a unique helpline service that connects children, teens, and adults in Stoneham to mental health care for free. You can call to obtain the names of providers that meet your specific needs, accept your insurance, and have available appointments.
- Call 1-888-244-6843, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eliot Community Services provides mobile psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, stabilization, and follow up for those in acute psychiatric distress. This program serves children, adults, and elders in in Stoneham, MA. Adult consent is required for services.
- Call 1-800-988-1111
Additional Mental Health Resources
- MassSupport, in collaboration with Riverside Community Care, offers anonymous, confidential, and free help to all Massachusetts residents and organizations. For statewide assistance, call 888.215.4920.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Disaster Distress Helpline: Provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support. Call 1.800.985.5990 to connect with trained crisis counselors. Text with a live counselor by texting TalkWithUs to 66746 for English or Hablanos for Spanish.
- Veterans Crisis Line: Free, confidential resource for veterans in crisis, including veterans not registered with the VA. Dial 800.273.8255 and press 1 to talk to someone or text 838255 to connect with a qualified VA responder.
- Samaritans Hotline: The helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1.877.870.4673. Services are free, confidential, and anonymous.
- Mental Health First Aid is a skills-based training course that teaches participants about mental health and substance-use issues. https://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org/
- Massachusetts Addiction Treatment Resource: Find Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Options & Rehab Centers in Massachusetts