“Weiss Farm” Standing Committee
Established by Article 1 at the Special Town Meeting held on September 3, 2013
Members appointed by Town Meeting:
Two members of the Board of Selectmen – John DePinto and Thomas Boussy
And six members consisting of Town residents – Paul Armano, John Eaton, Paula Sarno, James Sullivan, Angelo Mangino and Bob Verner.
*Paul Armano, Paula Sarno and John Eaton declined their seats on the committee.
The Town transfer and appropriate from free cash the sum of Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($250,000.00), to review and/or comment on any application or request for approval to the Town of Stoneham and/or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and/or any of its’ semi-autonomous/independent entities for, regarding, accessory to or otherwise related to the development of residential dwelling units at 170 Franklin Street (also known as Weiss Farm), specifically the hiring of legal counsel, and to further include the defense or pursuit of any legal action in furtherance of a decision or position of the Town or any board, commission, or official which is permissible under law, and which opposes the construction of residential dwelling units at 170 Franklin Street (also known as Weiss Farm) which are shown to be in violation of any of the following:
- The State Wetlands Protection Act,
- The State Title V Septic System Regulations,
- Deemed by Environmental Experts selected by the Town as inappropriate for the Weiss Farm site
- Which imperil the health and safety of occupants or Town residents,
- Which endanger the natural environment,
No funds shall be expended from said money appropriated or transferred pursuant to the motion for this warrant article if said funds are otherwise available to the Town pursuant to applicable state law or town bylaw or regulations, including but not limited to Massachusetts General Law Chapter 44 Section 53G.
Said funds shall be under the jurisdiction and control of the Town Selectmen and Selectwoman, as assisted by a standing committee comprised of two members of the Stoneham Selectmen and Selectwoman as follows: John DePinto and Thomas Boussy; and six members consisting of Town residents Paul Armano, John Eaton, Paula Sarno, James Sullivan, Angelo Mangino and Bob Verner. Any legal counsel retained shall work with and report to the Board of Selectmen as assisted by this standing committee.
|Thomas Boussy - Chairman|
|James Sullivan||Resigned June 2015|
News & Notices
- Town Meeting Monday, May 1st 7PM Town Hall Auditorium
- FY18 Capital Improvement Advisory Committee Report
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day Stoneham High School June 24th 9AM-1PM
- Job Opportunities for the Town of Stoneham
- MassDOT Public Information Meeting to discuss Traffic Signal & Intersection Improvements May 3rd 7PM Town Hall