Request a Final Water Reading
REQUEST A FINAL WATER METER READING
The current owner/real estate agent/lawyer has to call the Department of Public Works at (781) 438-0760 or (781) 438-2583 to set up a final water meter reading, at least 72 hours in advance of the closing.
- Please have the buyer/new owner’s name available as we will need it before we can set up an appointment.
- Appointments are scheduled 2 days prior to passing (excluding weekends), Monday-Friday at a specific time.
- Someone will have to be at the property that is being sold to allow the meter reader to enter the house to read and inspect the water meter for the closing.
- There is a $50.00 fee for a missed scheduled appointment.
- The reading will then be brought to the Water Department at the Public Works, 16 Pine Street, where a confirmation of meter reading will be processed.
- The confirmation of meter reading can be picked up at the Public Works Office, 16 Pine Street, the following normal business day after 9:00 a.m.