The Town Clerk serves as the Register of Vital Records and Statistics for the Town of Stoneham. The Clerk accepts for filing, and maintains the records of all births, deaths and marriages that occur in the Town of Stoneham, as well as, births and deaths of residents that occur in another community within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Stoneham Town Clerk’s Office has birth records on file of all children who were born in Stoneham as well as those whose parents resided in Stoneham at the time the event occurred, whether the birth was in Stoneham or any other facility within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Stoneham Town Clerk’s Office maintains death certificates for those who actually died in Stoneham, or for a resident of Stoneham, whose legal residency at their time of death is listed as Stoneham on their death certificate.
The Stoneham Town Clerk’s Office maintains marriage licenses of couples that filed their “Marriage Intentions" in our office, whether, they were married in Stoneham or in another Massachusetts community. If you lived in Stoneham, and filed intentions in another Massachusetts community, your marriage certificate will be filed in that office. Married couples usually require certified copies for health insurance, social security benefits, etc., as well as, proof of name change with the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
To obtain a certified copy of a record, please provide a check made payable to “Town of Stoneham” in the amount of $15.00 for each copy requested, as well as, a self-addressed, stamped envelope and mail to:
Town Clerk’s Office
Town of Stoneham
35 Central Street
Stoneham, MA 02180
- 2012-2016 Town Meeting Minutes
- 2012-2017 Election Results
- 2016 Street List
- 2017 Political Campaign Finance Reports
- Absentee Voting Information
- Fee Schedule
- Mail-In Birth Certificate Request
- Mail-In Business Certificate Form
- Mail-In Death Certificate Request
- Mail-In Dog License Form
- Mail-In Marriage Certificate Request
- Mail-In Voter Registration Form
- Marriage License Requirements
- On Line Ordering for Birth, Death, Marriage Certificates
- Open Meeting Law
- Physician Registration Form
- Public Records Law Information
- Raffle and Bazaar Permits
- Town Code
- Town Meetings On Demand
- Town of Stoneham Parking Regulations
- Vital Records
- Voter Precinct Map
- Zoning Map