The following conditions MUST BE MET:
- Possession of a valid permit from the Stoneham Fire Department.
- Such permits may not be valid for more than one day.
- A written record must be maintained for each permit including the name and address of the person receiving the permit, the date of the permit issuance, and the location and type of materials to be burned.
- The Stoneham Fire Department requires any resident wishing to conduct open burning to call the Fire Department on any day open burning is to be conducted.
- The Fire Department will ask you for the above information.
- All permits will be given verbally and a written record of the permit will be kept at the Fire Department.
- Permits will be granted on a day-to-day basis with weather conditions considered if it’s appropriate to burn that day.
THE STONEHAM FIRE DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT/CANCEL ANY BURNING PERMIT ISSUED!!!!!
Open Burning must be conducted:
- During periods of good atmospheric ventilation.
- Without causing a nuisance
- With smoke minimizing starters if used.
Open burning permits may be issued for:
- Training or research in fire protection or prevention with specific approval by the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
- Activities associated with the normal pursuit of agriculture, which has been determined by DEP as necessary.
- Open burning of brush and trees resulting from agriculture land clearing operations.
- Disposal of brush, cane, driftwood, and forestry debris – excluding grass, hay, leaves, and stumps. All such open burning must be concluded:
- From January 15 to May 1 of each year.
- On land proximate to the place of generation.
- At a location greater than 75 feet from any dwelling.
- Between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Apparatus - Current
- Apparatus - Vintage
- Auxiliary Fire
- Burning Information
- Emergency Management/Usedful Links
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fee Schedule
- Fire Alarm Box Locations
- Fire Department Members
- Fire Explorer Program
- Order Fire Department T-Shirts
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Restored Antique Steamer
- Safety Tips
- Smoke and CO Detectors
- Stoneham Fire Department History
- Tribute to FF David Atherton
- Tribute to Firefighter Eric Bernat