Recycling & Solid Waste Program
2019 STEVENS STREET
48 STEVENS STREET
SEASONAL HOURS OF OPERATION
THROUGH NOVEMBER 30, 2019** - WEATHER PERMITTING
SATURDAY 8:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. YARD WASTE & WHITE GOODS/METAL
MONDAY 8:00 A.M. - 12 NOON YARD WASTE & WHITE GOODS/METAL
(CLOSED LABOR DAY-SEPTEMBER 2; COLUMBUS DAY-OCTOBER 14; NOVEMBER 11-VETERANS DAY)
WEDNESDAY** 3:30 - 6:00 P.M. YARD WASTE ONLY
**NOVEMBER 2019 HOURS --3:30 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. YARD WASTE ONLY
HOURS SUBJECT TO CHANGE - REMINDER: RECYCLING STICKER REQUIRED FOR EACH VEHICLE USING STEVENS STREET. WHITE GOODS PERMIT REQUIRED FOR APPLIANCES, METAL, ETC., FEES APPLY
The Stoneham Public Works Solid Waste and Recycling Department is responsible for the collection of residential solid waste (trash) and recyclable materials from the residents of Stoneham.
The specific functions of this Department include:
- Administering the Town’s Solid Waste Collection and Curbside Recycling Collections contracts under which all solid waste and recyclable goods are collected.
- Responding to citizen inquiries and complaints relative to the solid waste program
- Maintaining and staffing the Town’s Stevens Street Recycling Center. A recycling sticker is required.
- Recycling stickers maybe purchased at the Department of Public Works during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Conducting an annual Hazardous Waste Collection Day, through which residents of Stoneham may properly dispose of household quantities of hazardous materials
- Tracking waste trends and calculating and preparing trash bills.
- Do I need a recycling sticker for the Stevens Street Recycling Center?
- How do I obtain a recycling sticker?
- I don't have a recycling bin. What can I use?
- I have some larger/or unusual household items (furniture, appliances, toys, etc.) that need to be picked up, How can I get these picked up?
- My trash/recycling was not picked up today. What should I do?
- What are the hours of the Stevens Street Recycling Center and where is it located?
- What can I put out for recycling pickup?
- When are my recyclables picked up?